Richards Industries began as the Jordan Valve Company in 1947 with just one small mixing valve. In collaboration with customers to solve their manufacturing challenges, we now provide hundreds of products to customers worldwide in nearly every manufacturing industry.
The cornerstone of Jordan Valve is the advanced sliding gate technology. The unique sliding gate design is recognized throughout the world and provides long and accurate performance for a wide range of process and utility applications.
The sliding gate is not only a unique design, it provides unique benefits compared with alternative rising stem valves. In addition to straight-through flow, excellent rangeability and short stroke-fast response, the sliding gate offers:
- Quiet operation with no chatter
- Tight shut-off with self-cleaning seats
- No field lapping as seats are self-lapping
- Easy maintenance with interchangeable seats
- Smaller size and lighter weight
- For a full explanation of the performance of our sliding gate seats, please refer to our Sliding Gate Valves
Jordan Valve is a division of Richards Industries and is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Richards Industries is the parent company of five other distinct industrial product lines: Steriflow Valve – sanitary regulators and control valves; LowFlow Valve – fractional flow valves; Marwin Valve – ball valves and automated products; Hex Valve – instrument valves and manifolds; and Bestobell Steam Traps – steam traps and steam specialty equipment.