Get to Know Harry Woebkenberg, Jordan Valve Product Manager
What is your Job Title and when did you start at Richards?
- I am the VP of Marketing / Jordan Valve Product Manager. I’m responsible for all Marketing, Product Management and the Jordan Valve Product Line. I started at Richards on July 16, 2008.
Education and work backgrounds:
- Education: Moeller High School, University of Notre Dame and Thomas More College. Work History: XOMOX Corporation – 17 years, Health Resource Publishing – 6 years, Victory Wholesale Group – 2 years
What part of your job is most intriguing to you? Why?
- The importance of relationships in the valve industry. All things being equal, people buy from people they like.
Favorite Cincinnati activity?
- Due to Cincinnati’s abundant number of restaurant choices, I enjoy checking out new places to eat with my family.
How and why did you move here – or are you from here?
- I grew up in Reading, OH, then I went to South Bend, IN for school. My first real job was in Dayton, Ohio. I also lived in Bay City, MI and St. Louis, MO but came back to Reading in between and after both of those cities. I moved to Evendale, OH in 2018 and have been there since.
Cool thing most people don’t know about you?
- I was a high jumper in high school.
Favorite thing to cook or eat?
- Favorite thing to cook – breakfast for the family. Breakfast is my favorite meal.
What made you choose your career?
- I feel like my career chose me. I was working part time at XOMOX while looking for a career and a couple months later, they offered me a full time position – I accepted and have stayed in the industry for 30 years.
If you could be a student forever, what would you study?
- Math and History.
Are you involved in a non-profit, community organization or professional organization?
- I am a member of the Valve Manufacturers Association and serve on the Market Trends Committee.
Goal at Richards Industrials?
- To help the “next generation” of RI employees take the business to the next level.